Scanning documents are very essential because it allows you to keep an electronic copy of them for archive purposes. As files continue to expand and copies increase, and document management becomes overwhelming, scanning important documents and storing them on a hard drive can save you so much time. It is very convenient as it eliminates the task of rummaging through drawers going through thousands of copies and files to find one particular document. And for this, people need good scanners and one of the top leading brand of scanners is Canon. Many Canon printers are all-in-one printers, which means that it comes with an inbuilt printer and scanner. The scanner features of such printers are very amazing and reliable and scans documents and files in highly defined quality. If you want more insight into the world of canon printers then you can contact Canon printer customer care number.
Many people have asked how they can scan an image in their canon printer without applying too many complicated steps. For those of you wondering the same. Pay attention to the steps below and apply it:
- Turn on your canon printer and make sure that it is connected to the computer through a USB cable.
- Open the lid of the scanner and place the image face down on the scanner glass or pan and align it along the arrows to make sure that you have placed it correctly.
- Go to Windows home screen and click on the ‘start’ button and click it. Under ‘all programs’ choose ‘windows fax and scan’.
- Click on the ‘scan’ button and select ‘new scan’ which will appear in the secondary blue menu at the top of the window.
- On the drop down menu click on ‘profile’ then ‘photo’ to scan the image. Apply the necessary adjustments to the picture and click the ‘preview’ button and then click ‘scan’.
These are five easy steps that you can apply or use to scan an image in your canon printer. If you come across any technical difficulty then you can call Canon printer customer support number to get technical assistance from experts.
Read More: How to update Canon printer drivers