There is a close link between the ink level on your printer and your stress level. When faced with a deadline at work, the lower the ink level on your Canon Printer, the higher your stress level. You will see an error message that reads “Error Code 1668” or “Error Code 1688”, whenever the ink runs out on your Canon Printer. This article will give you some helpful tips on what you can do to resolve the Canon Printer Error Code 1688 (1668). Apart from the solution mentioned below, you can call the Canon Printer customer support number and speak to a qualified printer expert to get additional technical assistance.
Step to Manually reset the ink level on your Canon Printer
The ink level indicator is meant to warn you whenever the ink is running low so that you can replace the ink cartridges. However, there could be a technical glitch in the ink level that may have caused the Error Code 1668. You can follow the steps below and use the manual process to reset the ink level on your Canon Printer:
- Step 1: Press the ‘Start’ button on the computer and go to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section on the control panel.
- Step 3: Click ‘Devices and Printers’ (Sometimes it says ‘Printers and Faxes.’)
- Step 4: Select the ‘Maintenance Program’ and proceed to the next step.
- Step 5: Click on the Canon Printer Preferences in the dialog box that opens.
- Step 6: Navigate to the maintenance section and check the ink level warning.
- Step 7: Press the radio box beside the ink level warning to disable it.
- Step 8: Select the ‘Apply’ option to save the changes you made and close the Canon Printer Preferences dialog box.
You can now restart your printer and check if you can still see Canon Printer Error Code 1668 on the screen. While restarting the printer, you will need to press and hold the ‘Stop/Reset’ button on your Canon Printer for around five seconds and then release the button. If you find that Error Code 1668 still appears that means that there is a deeper technical issue with your printer. You should call the Canon Printer tech support number and speak to a skilled printer technician and software expert to resolve the issue. You can reach out to a printer expert 24 hours a day to get a step-by-step guide to implement advanced solutions to fix Canon Printer Error Code 1668, or indeed any other Canon printer error you may encounter.