The users of Brother Printers come across the error code 48 when there is some issue with the printer head cable. The users encounter this issue when the encoder strip is untidy. When the printer faces this issue, the user will come across numerous errors. This would mean that you would have to solve the issue at the earliest to get back to the smooth functioning of the printer. The users can get a clear understanding of this issue by having a look through this blog. The users would also have the option of connecting with Brother Printer customer care number.
This is an issue which the users can come across at any time while using Brother Printers. Some error codes that you would face when you have this issue on your printer is as given below:
- Brother Printer Unable to Print 8f
- Unable to scan
- Brother Printer unable to clean and many other printer functionality issues
Effective ways to solve the issue of error code 48
This is one of the most common issue that the users come across while using Brother Printers. The users can effectively solve this issue by undertaking the below-given steps:
Solution 1: Check for Brother Printer Paper Jam or Paper Scraps
- Firstly, you would have to disconnect your printer from the power source and the computer system.
- Then you would have to remove the scanner cover and have a look inside the machine.
- Further examine whether there is paper jammed inside the device, also ensure that there no debris collected inside the printer device.
- You would have to make sure that the paper is not blocking the print head. Tilt your printer left and right to check whether there is any kind of debris inside.
- If you find that the printer head is to the left side, manually move it to the middle. Clear the encode strip and close the scanner cover and reconnect the power cord.
- If the printer head is found to be towards the right, reconnect the power cord. When the LCD displays the ‘Cover is open’ message, press and hold the Exit button for 5 seconds. When you see that the print head has moved back to the middle, remove the power cord.
Solution 2: Manually clean the Encoder Strip
- Start by removing all the power cables from the printer.
- Now, remove the Scanner cover and then look for the Encoder strip of your printer.
- You would now have to use a dry lint cloth to clean out both sides of the Encoder strip.
- Once you are done cleaning the Encoder strip, close the scanner cover.
- You can now reconnect all the power cables back to the printer device and then check whether the error has been solved.
These are the most effective steps that the users can use to solve the Brother Printer Error Code 48. If you face any difficulty in enacting the given steps, you can then connect with Brother Printer technical support number to avail professional assistance.