HP Support Assistant is an application that allows you to optimize the system performance on your HP device and solves common technical issues that may affect your work. HP Support Assistant helps you automatically install software updates and provides important product information. You can also use the ‘My Services’ tab on HP Support Assistant to manage your HP devices. However, even though HP Support Assistant is meant to troubleshoot errors, there are times when you need to trouble the application itself because of certain technical glitches. This article will give you some helpful suggestions to troubleshoot two of the most common error you are likely to face while using HP Support Assistant. Additionally, if you feel that your HP Support Assistant software keeps crashing, you can call the HP Support Assistant number and ask for additional technical assistance.
Issue 1: Exclamation mark on the HP Support Assistant icon
In case you notice an exclamation mark on the HP Support Assistant icon, it generally implies that some updates or notifications need your attention. You can use the following steps to download the required updates and fix the issue:
- Step 1: Double-click the HP Support Assistant icon and open the program.
- Step 2: Click ‘My devices’ and go to the ‘Updates and Messages’ options.
- Step 3: Select ‘Updates’ if you see an exclamation mark next to it.
- Step 4: Go to the Updates available section and click ‘Download and install.’
- Step 5: Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the necessary updates.
- Step 6: Click the ‘Messages’ option if it has an exclamation mark next to it.
- Step 7: Open the ‘Messages are available’ screen and read the messages.
- Step 8: Click the ‘X’ mark to the right of each message after you read it
Once you go through all the message, you can restart your computer and check if the exclamation mark is still visible on the HP Support Assistant icon.
Issue 2: HP Support Assistant interrupts games, movies, or TV
If your HP Support Assistant software keeps interrupting a video game you are playing or a movie you are watching you can follow the steps below to set the day and time to checks for updates when the computer is on, but no one is using it:
- Step 1: Open the HP Support Assistant and click the ‘Settings’ options.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Next HP updates and messages are scheduled for’ section.
- Step 3: Set the day of the week and timing you want to receive updates
- Step 4: Review the changes you made and then click ‘Save’ to set the time for the schedule updates.
After you make the required changes, HP Support will checks for updates only during the day and time you selected. If you have any trouble implementing the steps mentioned above, or if you face any other issues related to HP Support Assistant you can call the HP printer Assistant number and speak to a trained software expert to resolve the issue.