Every HP monitor, laptop or printer comes with a serial and model number which makes it unique and also acts as an identification code so as to distinguish it from other models. With the help of this code, you can identify your particular device and differentiate it from others as all of them are actually the same (owing to the same features and specifications of a single model). You can easily locate the model and a serial number of the HP monitor by some simple steps. It would be suggested that you read the blog and go through the procedure and later on take help from HP printer customer care number for further instructions.
There are two ways by which you can find out the model number. Let’s look at each of them separately.
Method 1- Using the system information
- Open the run dialog box for prompting the command. For that either click on the start menu and type ‘run’ or press Windows and R key together.
- In the dialog box, type msinfo32 and click on Okay.
- You will be taken to a list. Look out for ‘System SKU’.
- The number which will be written in front of it will be the model or serial number. It can be a combination of special characters, alphabets, and numbers too.
Method 2- By looking at the product number.
This method can be applied for HP laptops for which the battery is detachable.
- Shut down the system and remove the external peripherals and power cord, if
- Slide open the battery. It can be usually done by pressing the two click buttons and sliding it forward.
- Sometimes, there is a sticker on the back side of the laptop or on the CPU, and for that, you don’t need to remove the battery.
- Look out for the product information on the sticker.
The model numbers will help you to ensure that the hardware is compatible with the system and can also give you information about who is trying to service the product. Even though the solution is really easy, but if you find difficulties in any regards or is not able to identify the serial number by the given two methods, then you must surely get in touch with HP printer technical support number. The adepts at this service will be able to guide you with technical solutions that would work for sure.